- Capella University's online programs include a BS in Psychology, as well as Master's, PhD, and PsyD programs in over a dozen specialty areas.
- SNHU offers online bachelor's and master's programs in Psychology with the option to focus in Addictions, Applied Psychology, Child & Adolescent Development, Forensic Psychology, Mental Health, Social Psychology, or I/O Psychology.
There is an abundant variety of Masters in Psychology jobs available to professionals who are interested in studying human behavior and in supporting the behavioral health of their community. Individuals who wish to pursue a Master’s in Psychology Degree must possess both a Bachelor’s Degree in a related field and a passion for working with people of all types.
A desirable aspect of the psychology field is that it is expected to grow 22% between now and 2020. This means that individuals who possess a Master’s in Psychology Degree can expect a vast array of Masters in Psychology Jobs to become available in the coming years. These Masters in Psychology Jobs include roles as Behavioral Counselors, Rehabilitation Specialists, Child Care Supervisors, Human Resources Managers, Drug and Alcohol Specialists, and Forensic Psychologists.
Three of the top colleges that offer individuals Master’s in Psychology Degree programs are Stanford University, the University of Pennsylvania, and Capella University. Some highlights of these schools include: Stanford University’s Master’s in Psychology Degree program is ranked number one by U.S. News; the University of Pennsylvania offers qualified individuals a Master’s in Psychology Degree program that is approved by the American Psychological Association (APA); and Capella University offers qualified individuals the convenience and flexibility of a quality online Master’s in Psychology Degree program.
Popular Masters in Psychology Jobs
There is no doubt that obtaining a Master’s in Psychology Degree through an accredited school will provide an individual with a great deal of job opportunities in the healthcare industry. Below is a descriptive list of 5 popular jobs that individuals hold upon completion of a Master’s Degree in Psychology.
1. Behavioral Counselors: Behavioral Counselors work with people to provide them with the tools, resources, and support services needed for them to become emotionally, financially, and physically healthy members of the community. These professionals earn an average salary between $30,000 and $45,000.
2. Clinical Psychologists: One of the most popular Masters in Psychology Jobs is as a Clinical Psychologist. Clinical Psychologists work in schools, mental institutions, private clinics, and hospitals. Their role is to provide counseling services to people suffering from a variety of ailments. It is highly desirable for individuals in this field to be well-versed in a variety of physical and behavioral ailments and the methods used to treat them. These professionals earn an average salary of $68,875.
3. Forensic Psychologists: Forensic Psychologists usually work in law enforcement. Their roles include testing and evaluating incarcerated individuals, testifying in court systems, and profiling criminals. These professionals earn an average salary of $73,639.
4. Rehabilitation Specialists: Rehabilitation Specialists work in a variety of settings and their primary role is to assist individuals in their recoveries from addictions to drugs, alcohol, food, and/or other substances. These professionals earn an average salary between $50,000 and $100,000.
5. School Psychologists: School Psychologists work with both students and staff to ensure the maintenance of a healthy school environment. They provide individuals with counseling services in areas such as relationships, sexual education, and peer bullying. These professionals earn an average salary of around $67,407.
The field of psychology provides qualified individuals with ample opportunities to support and enhance the health of their community. With both a promising expected growth rate over the next decade and a desirable range of salaries, Masters in Psychology jobs are sure to provide satisfying careers for years to come.