- Capella University's online programs include a BS in Psychology, as well as Master's, PhD, and PsyD programs in over a dozen specialty areas.
- SNHU offers online bachelor's and master's programs in Psychology with the option to focus in Addictions, Applied Psychology, Child & Adolescent Development, Forensic Psychology, Mental Health, Social Psychology, or I/O Psychology.
For individuals who enjoy working with children and already possess a Bachelor’s Degree, obtaining a Masters in Child Psychology Degree from an accredited school can provide them with the advanced skills that are vital to the field of child psychology.
The typical course components of a Masters in Child Psychology Degree program are more specific than a traditional Masters in Psychology degree and include Child Development Theories, Lifespan Development, and Adolescent Personality Assessment. Professionals who have acquired a Masters in Child Psychology Degree work in schools, daycare centers, hospitals, private clinics, and behavioral health clinics. These professionals possess both an array of rewarding career opportunities and the potential to earn satisfying salaries of $70,000 or more per year. These two facts alone make the pursuit of a Masters in Child Psychology Degree a desirable aspiration for qualified individuals. A leading resource for further information is Careers in Psychology.
Top Schools for Masters in Child Psychology Degree Programs
Fortunately, there are some great schools that offer Masters in Child Psychology Degree programs. Provided below is a descriptive list of a few of these top schools.
1. Capella University: This school offers an online Masters in Child Psychology Degree program to individuals who hold at least a Bachelor’s Degree. The entire program consists of 65 quarter credits. The tuition cost for this program is $430 per quarter credit.
2. The University of Rhode Island: URI offers a Master’s in School Psychology Degree program to individuals who possess at least a Bachelor’s Degree. This program is accompanied by a Child, Developmental, and Family track. The University of Rhode Island is accredited by the New England Association of Schools and Colleges. The tuition cost for this program is $11,532 per year for in-state students and $23,606 per year for out-of-state students.
3. Yale University: Yale offers a Master’s in Developmental Psychology Degree program and it is accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of the American Psychological Association. The tuition cost for this program is $32,500 for the entire program.
Popular Masters in Child Psychology Degree Careers
There is an abundance of Masters in Child Psychology careers available to qualified professionals. These careers provide Masters in Child Psychology degree holders with satisfying, rewarding opportunities to support, counsel, and treat children and young adults suffering from behavioral, psychological, and academic problems. Provided below is a descriptive list of some of the best Masters in Child Psychology jobs that are available today.
1. Adolescent Psychologists: These professionals work with young adults between the ages of 12 and 18. Their main role is to provide counseling and support services to young adults who may be suffering from behavioral, psychological, and family problems. On average, these professionals earn $72,310 per year.
2. Behavioral Development Specialists: Behavioral Development Specialists work with children to help correct poor behavior and with parents to help enhance their parenting skills. On average, these professionals earn between $45,000 and $59,000 per year.
3. School Psychologists: School psychologists work with students and faculty members in schools and colleges. Their main role is to provide counseling and support services to individuals who may be suffering from academic, behavioral, family, and psychological problems. On average, these school psychologists earn between $63,000 and $70,000 per year.
Most professionals in the field of child psychology possess at least a Masters in Child Psychology Degree, which provides them with both increased marketability and salary potential.